Re: rpc.lockd core dumped

From: Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot_at_lphp.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:49:32 +0100
> Check to make sure that rpc.statd is running.  There was an old bug that
> rpc.lockd would dump core if it couldn't find a statd.

Ho, it is running :)
Actually, all my homedir are mounted with NFS, so rpc.lockd get used a lot.
That is why it is an important concern to me.
I couldn't find any repeatable behaviour that would make rpc.lockd crashes.
Sometimes, it will crash when I launch an application, sometime, it will
just crash after 30 minutes of inactivities on my client...
The server is running CURRENT and the clients are running 5.1-p10.
I know it is not a very stable/secure configuration, but it is done on
purpuse of testing the new functionnalities under a semi-production
environment.

Antoine