Re: named pipes memory leak?

From: Lukas Ertl <l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:32:39 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Lukas Ertl wrote:

> Unfortunately, we are still seeing a problem here: we are running uvscan
> (virus scanner), and while running it we are still seeing increasing unpcb
> usage and orphaned unix domain sockets.
>
> We added some debug printfs to the fifo routines and found out that
> fifo_cleanup is called from fifo_close with a vnode which has v_usecount
> == 2 so the socket close calls aren't reached.

Sorry, I probably missed an important part: we're creating the FIFOs on
nullfs mounts - the test script works great on plain UFS mounts, but the
null layer seems to VREF the vnode once again, so v_usecount is 2, thus it
is missong the check in fifo_cleanup().

regards,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073