fw_xferq_drain (was data corruption when reading from a mount_cd9660 filesystem)

From: Taras <current1_at_buggerit.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:40:01 +1100
Thanks to all that replied.

I did have rev 1.153 of atapi-cd.c but was unable to rebuild because of
the RB_BOOTINFO thingy. Have re-cvsup'd and all is well reading the
CD, many thanks.

However what now isn't so well is upon every "reboot" and "shutdown"
just after the syncing disks and Uptime is displayed, it drops into
the debugger with:

instruction pointer = 0x8:0xc0496dae
stack pointer = 0x10:0xd89f9adc
frame pointer = 0x10:0xd89f9ae8
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
             = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, IOPL = 0
current process = 763 (reboot)         # for reboot
current process = 1 (init)             # for shutdown -h now
kernel: type 30 trap, code=0
Stopped at fw_xferq_drain+0xe: testl %edx,%edx

Since this happens after the disks are sync'd the system boots OK.

> G'day,
> It appears that files with size greater than 65536 bytes when read from
> a cd9660 mounted filesystem appear corrupted.
> Happens on any cd-rom I try regardless of where it was burnt,
> even the original 5.1-RELEASE-i386-miniinst.iso now appears corrupt.