Re: Synaptics PS/2 TouchPad

From: Philip Paeps <philip+freebsd_at_paeps.cx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:24:32 +0100
On 2003-11-13 09:12:54 (+0000), Dave Smith <david.smith_at_omnieng.co.uk> wrote:
> Has anybody managed to get a Synaptics touchpad working on -current with
> ACPI?

It works just fine on my Asus L3500H, with or without ACPI.

I've recently started work on getting psm to support Synaptics TouchPads more
fully: virtual scrollbars, up/down buttons, multiple finger detection, etc.  I
have the basics working, but my brain has been too fried lately to deal with
the maths of translating absolute coordinates to sensibly accelerated motions.

> I have a Compaq Presario 2143 and the touchpad is not detected with ACPI
> enabled. With ACPI disabled it appears and works perfectly.

Which Synaptics TouchPad do you have?  Does psm say anything useful when you
tell it to be verbose?

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
                                                       subscribed to the list.

  A man should be greater than some of his parts.