Re: signal 12's everywhere on Current with update this morning.

From: Brent Jones <brent_at_santafe.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:15:10 -0700
If this is true, perhaps the "build" man page should be updated.
Here's what the man page has to say on the topic:

      The ``approved'' method of updating your system from the latest
sources
      is:

            make buildworld
            make buildkernel KERNCONF=FOO
            make installkernel KERNCONF=FOO
            make installworld
            mergemaster

      After running these commands a system reboot is required...

This gives the impression that you're safe running all the builds
without rebooting, especially as the word "approved" is used.

Brent