Re: signal 12's everywhere on Current with update this morning.

From: Edmund L. Wong <bacchuswng_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:33:26 -0800 (PST)
Thanks Richard.  So unfortunately, I was an idiot and
ran installworld without rebuilding and installing a
new kernel (the one I have was built on Nov. 1).  Now
everything coredumps, including rm, ls, etc.  I cannot
make installworld, installkernel, buildworld or
buildkernel.

I am able to get myself to a single-user prompt as
root, but not much else.  Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I can salvage this?  Or will I
have to reinstall anew?

(for those in freebsd-questions, I apologize in
advance, I asked there earlier this morning as well)

Thanks,
Ed

--- Richard Coleman <richardcoleman_at_mindspring.com>

=====