upgraded to CURRENT = system is dead

From: Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot_at_lphp.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:39:00 +0100
Hi :)

I just upgraded with cvsup to CURRENT.
I read UPDATING to make sure I would have no problem, but maybe I misunerstood
something.
Here is what I did:
$ cvsup blablabla...
$ make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL && make install kernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
$ reboot (in single user mode)
$ make buildworld
$ make installworld
.. --> error during the installworld:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libedit.so.4" not found

Now, any command I try to launch gives me this exact same error and my system is
then totally useless... :(
Anything I could do ?
Please please, tell me my box isn't dead...

By the way, I compiled CURRENT with dynamic root.

Thanks in advance.

--
Antoine Jacoutot
ajacoutot_at_lphp.org