Re: HEADS-UP new statfs structure

From: Sascha Holzleiter <sascha_at_daemonground.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:46:19 +0100
On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 22:46, Bruce Cran wrote:
> Either the new statfs, or something in a recent change in -CURRENT
> (since last week), has broken the nvidia driver.
> I've been using it now for
> over half a year with no problems at all.  I installed the new kernel
> and world, rebuilt x11/nvidia-driver and X11 hung before it had even
> switched to graphical mode.   After a minute the system rebooted, and

I got the same behavoir a few days ago BEFORE rebuilding the system, so
i don't think it is due to the statfs change.
The driver stopped working around the time the XFree86 ports were
changed, I think that these are more likely the cause.

The odd thing is that this seems to be system dependent, on my P4 system
at home the driver still works fine, on my Athlon system at work I have
the same issues you describe here...

I haven't done anything to debug or fix this because I need the failing
system to work with rather then to play around with ;) But if anyone
wants to look into that I'll provide every information needed.

Greets,
  Sascha