Re: buildworld fails

From: Aron Håkanson <aron_at_hakanson.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 01:04:33 +0100
Sön 2003-11-16 klockan 21.12 skrev Peter Ulrich Kruppa:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with today's sources.
>
> At my first try make buildworld and make kernel worked all-right
> and the new kernel could be booted, so I didn't check closely and
> made installworld. This failed *somewhere* , and now I am left
> with a defect system: no internet connection, no XFree86 and
> perhaps some more things I haven't found yet.
>
> Next I deleted /usr/obj/usr and /usr/src and cvsupped fresh
> sources (via a a basic 4.8 -RELEASE I have got on the same
> machine), but now buildworld fails very soon with

> sh /usr/src/tools/install.sh -C -o root -g wheel -m 444   libegacy.a /usr/obj/us
> r/src/i386/legacy/usr/lib
> *** Signal 11

There is a problem with the old install program when you make the
installworld with the new sources. You can solve this by installing the
new install program from the obj-directory. Just copy the
/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.bin/xinstall/xinstall to /usr/bin/install (ev. a
chmod 555 too) and it should work.

Aron