Re: General debug/kernel question

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell_at_ufp.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:40:48 -0500
In a message written on Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 09:30:48PM -0500, Robert Watson wrote:
> it, or because it causes panics to halt as opposed to reboot.  The
> DDB_UNATTENDED option can help with that though.  Another thing to keep in

This is the first I've seen this option (admittedly infrequent
-current user).  A quick google doesn't return anything really
useful.  By default I'd like DDB to wait about 60 seconds for
keyboard info, and if it doesn't get it reboot.  If this option
does that, great.  The question would be, why wouldn't such behavior
(possibly with a longer/shorter timeout) be the default?  Developers
may want to set this to never, but everyone else might want 30-600
seconds, so if they are there working on something they can debug
it, and if not the system panic's and/or dumps core as normal and
goes on with life.

At a very least this needs to be more prominently documented.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell_at_ufp.org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request_at_tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org