Re: init and USB oddities-ULE-ATA

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:57:27 +0100
On Monday 17 November 2003 06:42, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 05:41:04AM +0100, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > Give setiathome a try! You'll be astonished. And I'm sure the difference
> > I _feel_ isn't dependend on kde. If you don't like kde replace it with
> > our favourite wm/desktop. But you won't be able to play two mid to
> > high-quality mpegs at the same time on a 1GHz machine where 4BSD
> > scheduler does very well!
> >
> > I haven't claimed ULE to be unstable though. I just wanted to highlight
> > some issues which will be a big problem if 5.2-releas will have ULE as
> > default!
>
> Sorry if you've already mentioned this, but what threading system are
> you using (i.e. libc_r, libthr, libkse)?

Hmm, libc_r I think. I haven't justified anything so I think this still is the
default.
I'd be glad if I understood these threading libraries (well, that's because
I'm no C programmer) but should I try libkse in conjunction with ULE?
If yes, how do I do that? I bet it's a line in make.conf

Thanks,

-Harry