Re: named problem (introduced in 5.1)

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:21:51 -0800 (PST)
Strip net cc:. Please don't crosspost, thanks.

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Aleksander Rozman - Andy wrote:

> I have been running named for few years now, and I never had any problem
> with it. Few days ago I upgraded system to 5.1 (Release) and named has gone
> beserk. It shows errors in named.root file. Error go something like this:
> check_hints: no A record for address 'Something'  class 1 in hints
>
> I updated all /etc files with files from source tree (which is cvsuped to
> 5.1-RELEASE) but it doesn't work? Does anybody have any idea where the
> problem lies?

Sounds like your named.root file is just out of date.

Buildworld/installworld doesn't regenerate /etc; mergemaster does. Did
you run mergemaster?

You can also try pulling it from

http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/src/etc/namedb/named.root

It was updated a couple of weeks ago.  Hit the 'download' link to get a
clean copy.