Re: Machine freeze when X starts

From: Janet Sullivan <ciscogeek_at_bgp4.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:10:28 -0700
Brent Jones wrote:
> Do you know of anyone who has DRI running on an nForce2 board with an
> AGP video card?  I also have an nForce2 board with a Radeon 9000, and
> discovered yesterday that DRI is non functional.  The machine still runs
> when the screen blanks, so you can access it remotely to reboot.

I did have DRI working breifly on an nforce2 board with a radeon 9000.
I think it was CURRENT from around 10/30/03, with XFree86-Server-Snap
version 4.3.99.12, but I don't remember for sure.  It may have been an
earlier version of CURRENT.  I'm pretty sure it was XFree86 4.3.99.12
though.

Since then there have been drm commits to CURRENT, I've upgraded
XFree86-Server to 4.3.99.15, and it no longer works.

If I have time this week I'll see if I can set up a serial console to
grab some info to help the developers troubleshoot, but life is kind of
hectic for me right now.  DRI isn't very important to me, so I've just
disabled it for now...