Re: hit g_provider %p disappeared while tasting

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:44:16 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Robert Watson wrote:

Hi,

> > > Where the dead pointer comes from is what has yet to be discovered.
> > >
> > > Do you have an atapi-cd drive in this machine ?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > while pxebooting there is no floppy and no hd and no cf rader attached.
> >
> > fxp0, dual intel card fxp1,2 an ed0 (preloaded module) and an older S3
> > graphic card. that's about everything in that P133 with F00F bug.
> >
> > I have older a todays boot logs including boot_verbose=1; if it helps I
> > can mail them off-list.
>
> What, if any, storage devices or pseudo-devices are present.  Often,
> diskless environments use md for temporary storage...?  Or, maybe we're
> looking at a failure mode that occurs when zero storage devices are
> available :-).

or if some special classes like md and atapi-cd are used that have no
taster function. I send some more information to phk this very early
morning.
The problem seens to be that none of the classes has a goem entry when
going through g_valid_obj().

Another thing that crossed my mind while going to work this morning is
that the only related reports I had seen are when mounting rootfs.
[ also see 5103.1068811352_at_za.uu.net , this month in current ]
What about the atapi-cd case ?

 From the debugging this night I remember that there are some XXX
comments in geom_dev about this. Just another thing one might keep in
mind while further debugging.

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/