Re: Corrected HEADS UP: the midi driver will be removed after 5.2-R

From: Seigo Tanimura <tanimura_at_tanimura.dyndns.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:04:24 +0900
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:42:44 +0900,
  Seigo Tanimura <tanimura_at_tanimura.dyndns.org> said:

tanimura> Mathew Kanner has developed the new version of the midi framework,
tanimura> based on kobj(9) and buildable as a module.  As the first step to
tanimura> replace the midi driver, the conventional one is removed from the
tanimura> kernel in a minute.

tanimura> Mathew will soon be starting a work to merge his driver.

As we need some more time to define Mathew's driver, we have decided
to postpone axing the old one until 5.2-R is released.

--
Seigo Tanimura <tanimura_at_tanimura.dyndns.org> <tanimura_at_FreeBSD.org>