Re: Unfortunate dynamic linking for everything

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon_at_apollo.backplane.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:51:42 -0800 (PST)
:/boot has grown quite large too and threatens to be unbounded in size as
:times go on.  Shaving off the 30-40MB of size in /bin and /sbin can
:help alleviate this, even on system formatted in 5.x partition sized.
:...
:This argument wasn't the most compelling one by itself, but it played a
:part in the decision so I included it here.

    You aren't saving that much.  I don't have a 5.x box handy but on
    a 4.x box a static /bin is only 4MB and /sbin is only 12MB.  The dynamic
    versions will save you around 12MB is my guess.

						-Matt