Re: Unfortunate dynamic linking for everything

From: Kirk Strauser <kirk_at_strauser.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:57:25 -0600
At 2003-11-19T04:43:23Z, "M. Warner Losh" <imp_at_bsdimp.com> writes:

> The main reason we went with dynamic / was to be able to get dynamic
> libary/loading support for newer authentication and user technologies.

Just a quick interjection:

As one who recently migrated a FreeBSD server from NIS to OpenLDAP
authentication, and who can now see user and group names instead of UIDs and
GIDs in directory listings, I sincerely thank everyone who worked on the
dynamic linking project.
--
Kirk Strauser

"94 outdated ports on the box,