Re: panic: probing for non-PCI bus

From: Morten Rodal <morten_at_rodal.no>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:38:13 +0100
John Baldwin wrote:
> On 11-Nov-2003 John Hay wrote:
>> Upgrading a Asus P2L97-DS dual Pentium II 266MHz box, I got this panic
>> when booting:

I have the exact same motherboard, only I run with dual Pentium II 300MHz.

However I run a beta bios (to support ata disks larger than 32GB) that I
got from Asus many years ago.

I am using this system as my workstation at home, and it does have an
AGP slot (with an nvidia card in).  ACPI has worked before, and it still
does except is fires off about 40000 interrupts (on IRQ20).

However I'll have to wait until I get home to provide acpidumps and
mptables when I get home.

> Oof, no MADT table.  Your BIOS sucks. :-P  Don't use ACPI because PCI interrupts
> aren't going to work otherwise.  Does this system have an AGP slot?  Also, do
> you have a dmesg from before?

If I remember correctly I do not have a MADT table either, but ACPI did
find the CPUs.  We/I'll know more when I get home.

--
Morten Rodal