Re: xl0: watchdog timeout

From: Kris Kennaway <kris_at_obsecurity.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:29:49 -0800
On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 09:22:49PM +0100, Jimmy Selgen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm getting some strange xl0 timeout messages on 5.1-CURRENT (synced
> today).
>
> I've searched the archives, and it seems that this problem is related to
> ACPI
> (http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=608457+0+archive/2003/freebsd-current/20031109.freebsd-current)
> Strange thing is that this worked perfectly with FreeBSD-5.1-RELEASE.
>
> The NIC still works, just get "xl0: watchdog timeout" every now and
> then.

I saw this with some of sam's locking changes that (temporarily) broke
DUMMYNET.  I see you're using ipfilter - it's possible that this
configuration has not been well-tested.  Are you passing much traffic
through ipfilter on this box?

It would be helpful if you can do a binary search to narrow down when
the problem started.

Kris