Re: IPFIREWALL_FORWARD kernel config option gone?

From: Crist J. Clark <cristjc_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:09:03 -0800
On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 10:12:44AM -0800, Wade Klaver wrote:
> Hello all,
>   When trying to bring a box up to date, we noticed that the
> IPFIREWALL_FORWARD kernel option has been removed somewhere between the 2'nd
> of this month and now.  Has it been obsoleted by other options?  I saw
> nothing in UPDATING rearding this.  Here's the info:

The functionality of IPFIREWALL_FORWARD is always "just there."

IPFIREWALL_FORWARD has been a null option for about two and a half
years. It was removed from the ipfw(8) documentation in 1.105,
2002/08/10. However, killing it from the kernel configuration files
only happened this month. Since it's been gone from the documentation
for so long, whether it needs an entry in UPDATING is debatable.
--
Crist J. Clark                     |     cjclark_at_alum.mit.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~cjc/    |     cjc_at_freebsd.org