Re: dumb question 'Bad system call' after make world

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:35:59 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Don Bowman wrote:

> So i have a machine freshly installed from 5.1 mini iso.
> I did a cvs co of latest current sources, and accidentally
> did a 'make world' instead of 'make buildworld'.
> Now i just get 'Bad system call' when i try to do anything.
> i need to get the correct kernel on there, does anyone have a
> suggestion for how to fix this?

If you have it, boot off of the mini iso, pull down and burn CD 2, then
use the fixit facility to start a fixit shell with teh CD.  From there
manually install the new kernel (it'll be in
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KERNELNAME/kernel) and boot from it.  From there you
should be able to finish the installworld.