Re: HEADS UP: /bin and /sbin are now dynamically linked

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:13:50 -0700 (MST)
In message: <3FC02538.7040903_at_mindspring.com>
            Richard Coleman <richardcoleman_at_mindspring.com> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > : I agree.  termcap.small is amazingly uncurrent.  However, perhaps some
: > : merging and reducing is in order.  Why is a full cons25 or vt2xx needed?
: > : vi only needs a few capabilities.  I think we mostly use copies of large
: > : termcap entries because copying the whole things is easier.
: >
: > You have a good point.  My termcap was done so that we could run a
: > number of applications...
: >
: > Grepping seems unsatisfying to find out which keys are used.  Do you
: > have a list?
: >
: > Warner
:
: Is the extra maintenance worth it to save a few hundred bytes?

Generating them automatically can be kind of difficult.  termcap
doesn't change that often.

Warner