Re: i have linux mandrake

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:55:21 +0100
On Sunday 23 November 2003 23:32, james wrote:
> I am trying to migrate to free bsd is there a way for me to put freebsd
> on with it woth out loosing mandrake or the files in it ?

This depends on your current disk layout. In general: Yes. You need one spare
partition (called slice in FreeBSD) which you can assign hard drive space and
create labels inside (also sometimes called Partition)

The handbook is always a good point to start, in your case:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

-Harry