Re: 40% slowdown with dynamic /bin/sh

From: Frank Mayhar <frank_at_exit.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:03:00 -0800 (PST)
I'm not going to add to the heat in the rest of the email, but this is
a very good question:

Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> Why didn't you pipe up when this was discussed _long_ ago?

Honestly, I don't remember the discussion.  It's certainly possible that I
may have missed it.  I just dug around in the -current archives and couldn't
find the it, but my life has been kind of chaotic over the last year or
so.  In fact, if it happened about a year ago, it could well have taken
place while I was in China for three weeks.

Believe me, if I had encountered the discussion when it took place, I would
have made my feelings known.
--
Frank Mayhar frank_at_exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/