Re: 40% slowdown with dynamic /bin/sh

From: E.B. Dreger <eddy+public+spam_at_noc.everquick.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 04:54:41 +0000 (GMT)
PW> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:56:21 -0800
PW> From: Peter Wemm

PW> We need nsswitch type functionality in /bin/sh.  To the
PW> people who want to make it static, lets see some static
PW> binary dlopen() support or a nsswitch proxy system.

I started a new thread inquiring about the challenges involved...
which received no responses.  I assume that not much has changed
since the mid- to late-90s list archives I found via Google...

What specific aspects of rtld are required to support NSS in
static binaries?  dlopen(), fixups, and dlsym()?

Eddy
--
Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita