memory allocation issue loading a kernel module

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:58:12 -0800
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to flush out pages in memory that
might not be required.  I have a device driver that allocates 16 distict
buffers each 32K in size.  This is done with a bus_dma call as they will
be accessed by a PCI device.  The problem is that if I do a compile on
my system prior to trying to kldload the module, there isn't enough
physical memory for the driver.  I am assuming it is the disk cache that
is eating up that memory and I want to flush out enough pages for my
bus_dma allocation to work.

Is this possible?  Any and all comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sean