Re: 40% slowdown with dynamic /bin/sh

From: Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:22:27 -0600
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 08:22:52PM -0600, David Leimbach wrote:
> Yep :).
>
> I feel like saying "set the default to static and make the dynamic bins
> the option" so
> the people who can't be bothered to compile their own system even
> though everyone
> I know does this for tuning purposes anyway can stop whining.
>
> But I won't say that.

I feel we need to pressure to improve the performance of dynamic
linking.  This is not really different from anything else we do in
-CURRENT: some things we have to throw out there before it is perfect,
in order to reach critical mass.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   NTT/Verio SME      FreeBSD UNIX       Heimdal
nectar_at_celabo.org jvidrine_at_verio.net nectar_at_freebsd.org nectar_at_kth.se