Re: How to fix this in 5.1-REL??

From: walt <wa1ter_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:35:54 -0800
Kevin Oberman wrote:

> ...Because changes are applied that will allow smooth upgrades
> when the kernel is built after the new system is built, but before it is
> installed, "make world" is increasingly unlikely to work...

The recent statfs changes demonstrated why the 'makeworld' > 'makekernel'
sequence sometimes fails  :-(

But I'm still very fuzzy on why the 'makekernel' > 'makeworld' sequence
is not recommended in FreeBSD the way it is, for example, in OpenBSD.

What does 'buildworld' give us that the new kernel might need?  Just a
simple example would help me more than anything.

Thanks.