Re: Nvidia problem fixed in current?

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:19:06 +0100
On Wednesday 26 November 2003 18:40, Justin Smith wrote:
> 1. Was the problem with the nvidia driver ever fixed? (I reported this
> more than a month ago --- the kernel nvidia driver only works with
> parameters set to lower the speed of the interface, and even then failed
> with some OpenGL programs like OpenUniverse).

If you're talking about the nvidia driver (not the xfree86) then this isn't
true in general. It's been working here without any tweaks fine since
-current short after 5.1-release, also OpenUniverse is running without
problems here.
But the nvidia driver is still the same, you have to talk to nvidia to release
a new one.

> 2. Can one upgrade to 5.2 beta by cvsupping to current and rebuilding
> world and kernel?

Yes.