Re: Recent ATA drivers giving problems with SATA

From: Soren Schmidt <sos_at_spider.deepcore.dk>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:04:18 +0100 (CET)
It seems Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > There are some early issues of the SiI3112 chips that has problems that
> > can cause datacorruption etc etc..
> > You can try the following patch (which btw re_at_ has for approval),
> > otherwise I'd try another controller as there seem to be no end of the
> > troubles with the Sii 3112 chips (brings back to mind the horror times
> > from when they where called CMD and did the CMD640 disaster)...
>
> On the "other controller" front, what about the Adaptec 1205SA host
> controller?

I dont know that one, and Adaptec say nothing about what hardware
they use on thier web (why does that have to be a secret until you
have bought the product, or is that exaclty why ?).

I suspect it is the same as the 1210SA RAID thing just without the
RAID part of the BIOS, ie thats also a ds3112 chip (with Adaptecs
"special" PCI id, *sigh*)..

Go for Promise, they support us with docs and HW for development :)

-Søren