Re: Apples linking

From: E.B. Dreger <eddy+public+spam_at_noc.everquick.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:01:17 +0000 (GMT)
RW> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:24:23 -0500 (EST)
RW> From: Robert Watson

[ CC list trimmed ]

RW> The one thing that turns me off to this scheme is that I'd
RW> like it if we could find a way to represent this using solely
RW> existing BSD/UNIX kernel primitives (mmap, et al) and
RW> userspace, rather than adding special-purpose system calls
RW> that complicated various code paths, and that aren't
RW> portable.

Would rtld-elf/rtld.c:map_object() be a reasonable place to add
hooks for speaking with a daemon that does the actual tracking
work?  True, the daemon might die... in which case rtld probably
should revert to "traditional" behavior rather than refusing to
load a binary.

Eddy
--
Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita