[Fwd: re: ath0 lost connection]

From: Marcos Biscaysaqu <marcos_at_thepacific.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:29:42 +1300
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	re: ath0 lost connection
Date: 	Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:14:07 -0500
From: 	Kelley Reynolds <schnozzy_at_verbotenplanet.net>
To: 	marcos_at_thepacific.net

> Hi there.
>      I have got running a PCI atheros   wireless card   on b/g   in hostap
> mode and connecting 33 clients. for some razon all the customers lost
> the traffic, (the wireless cards has connection but dosen't send and
> recive any thing). When I login on the Freebsd hostap all looks happy
> but I can't ping any customer, so all start to work again if I restart
> the PC, I tried with a different harware and in differents modes 11b and
> 11g, but still same thing. I have installed the last driver versions,
> less the if_ath_pci.c
> <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ath/if_ath_pci.c> I
> using the version 1.5 and I see the 1.6 this morning (someone know if
> update this fix the problem).
> thanks!!

On a simpler yet related config, I have a linksys ag520 pci card running with a linksys a/b/g AP. IT occasionally just loses connectivity, but simply re-execing the ifconfig line brings it back. Haven't found a rhyme or reason yet.

I'd send this to the FBSD list, but I just moved server IP blocks and the reverse DNS stuff hasn't propagated yet.

Kelley

--

Marcos Biscaysaqu

Systems Administrator