Re: Corrected gettimeofday() test code

From: Sten <sten_at_blinkenlights.nl>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:29:22 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> I forwarded the reports of timecounter problems to phk, and he asked
> that people who are seeing timecounter problems provide FULL details
> of their system configuration, including:

<snip>

Please note that there are quite a few broken timecounters out there,
a lot of them break when HZ != 100. I encountered this with a newer
revision of the dell 1550, the old revision was fine in this respect
oddly enough. These problems do however show up quickly when running
ntpd which will complain about a borked system clock every 10 minutes
or so.

Make sure that your hardware is good before blaming software :).

HTH, HAND.

--
Sten Spans

There is a crack in everything that's how the light gets in.