SiI3112 SATA controller problems - status

From: HaggeL <HaggeL_at_Olympclan.de>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:53:30 -0000
Hi Guys :)

Sorry if i waste your time. Iīm a freeBSD noob and need some help.
I want to install freeBSD in januar and have some problems. I want to
buy me a new harddrive, a serial ATA one, because i got the "Silicon
ImageR Sil 3112A-Controller" onboard (Asus A7N8X Motherboard). I
didnīt find a driver in the Hardware Notes of FreeBSD 5.1, and on the
Producer homepage are only ready Linuxkernels avaible
(http://12.24.47.40/display/2n/searchDirect/?searchString=Sil+3112A&searchType=allwords&searchby=keywords&r=0.8157617).
So can anyone tell me if i can get a SATA disk run? I donīt want to
boot from it, just read and write. Buying a new disk only for windows
use is wasted money

Greetings HaggeL :)