Re: Problem w/ ACPI in -CURRENT: Update

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:28:45 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Jeremy Bingham wrote:

> > Ok, that's good to know.  How about the printfs?  Did the second one
> > trigger?  I could use a URL to your ASL and full dmesg on boot:
>
> The second one did not trigger (I had actually been using ACPI_VPRINT
> for a while to get info like that). I have a dump of my ASL here:
> http://home.satanosphere.com/bsd/jeremy.asl.gz.

dmesg is not necessary.  The only way to find what is hanging is to keep
working printfs deeper into the _BIF method.  Start with
AcpiEvaluateObject in sys/contrib/dev/acpica/nsxfeval.c and sprinkle
printf A, B, C etc. throughout to find where it hangs.  Alternatively, if
you have a serial console and gdb, you can step through the method.

-Nate