Re: NFS corruption on p4 machines (please test)

From: Lars Eggert <larse_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:10:20 -0700
Kris,

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> For some months now I have been experiencing NFS corruption on the
> three machines in the dosirak.kr package cluster - these are SMP
> pentium 4 machines that run -CURRENT.  Setting DISABLE_PSE and
> DISABLE_PG_G does not fix these problems.  I am able to easily
> reproduce these problems using /usr/src/tools/regression/fsx on a
> loopback nfs mount - they are not deterministic, but it blows up
> within about 8000 operations (less than a minute of operation).  In
> fact sometimes it even manages to make fsx segfault, which is fairly
> impressive :)
>
> Just mount something rw via loopback nfs, and run 'fsx foo' on the nfs
> filesystem for a few minutes.

I just ran an fsx cycle on my desktop machine over a TCP mount, and it
seemed to work fine:

[root_at_nik: /usr/src/tools/regression/fsx] ./fsx /tmp/nfs/x
truncating to largest ever: 0x13e76
truncating to largest ever: 0x2e52c
truncating to largest ever: 0x3c2c2
truncating to largest ever: 0x3f15f
truncating to largest ever: 0x3fcb9
truncating to largest ever: 0x3fe96
truncating to largest ever: 0x3ff9d
truncating to largest ever: 0x3ffff
skipping zero size read
skipping zero size write
skipping zero size write
^Csignal 2
testcalls = 166863

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse_at_isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute