Re: can't compile kernel without bpf

From: Dan Lukes <dan_at_obluda.cz>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 00:57:43 +0200
Ivan Doležal wrote:

> As for kernel compilation (wireless does need bpf), this was it!

	The new 802.11 layer (device wlan) and some WiFi device drivers (ath
and wi) uses the bpfattach2() function call. The bpfattach2()
implementation has no stub counterpart in "non-bpf" section of
net/bpf.c, so the kernel can't be succesfully linked without BPF support.

	It's the immediate cause why we need bpf in kernel now.

	The question is - is presence of bpf mandatory for functionality of
802.11 devices ?

	I think the correct answer is NO, so it's bug and stub bpfattach2()
should be added to apropriate place of net/bpf.c. But I'm not sure.
Someone who know should decide and send PR ...

							Dan