Support for 3com 3CRWE154G72 wireless 11g card

From: Johan Petersson <kjep_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 02:02:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone,

First of all, let me appologize for cross posting, but I
could not determine which was the most apropriate list.

I recently obtained a 3com 3CRWE154G72 wireless 11g PC-card,
it came bundled with the access point, and I'm curious to
know if there is any work going on for a driver for that card?
I have tried booting with the 5.1-CURRENT bootable CD from
snapshots.jp.freebsd.org, but the card is not recognized.
I have not found any reliable information about which chipset
is used, but one page with a Linux 11g driver suggests it
might be an Intersil ISL38xx, perhaps ISL3890. They claim
that their driver works fine.

See http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/802.11g/

I am more than willing to provide further info, like dmesg
output, if anyone is interested.

Best regards
Johan Petersson