Re: CDROM / UDMA problem on -current (2 hours old)

From: Jan Stocker <Jan.Stocker_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 11:17:58 +0200
> It seems Jan Stocker wrote:
That seems right :)
> > I've updates my -current system from Sep, 14th to todays -current (2
> > hours old). Now i cant boot further than detecting cdrom drives. After
> > testing my second cdrom (cdrw) for its UDMA capabilities the kernel
> > hangs in an endless loop. The output is a repeat from two lines which
> > are printed so fast i cant really read .... but it must be something
> > like that:
> >
> > acd1: WARNING - REQUEST_UDMA .... (error request)
> > acd1: WARNING - INQUIRE_SENSE .... (retrying request)
> >
> > The drive is an 2x2x24x CD/RW from Traxdata which is detected previously
> > as:
> >
> > acd1: CDRW <CDRW2224 PLUS> at ata1-slave WDMA2
>
> Try a kernel without atapicam ?

Yep...
it's an atapicam problem...

Thomas: Thats the same drive previously does produce the output in
cdrecord:

/usr/local/bin/cdrecord: Warning: controller returns zero sized Ricoh Vendor Page page.
/usr/local/bin/cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for Ricoh Vendor Page page.
/usr/local/bin/cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong page 0 for Ricoh Vendor Page page (30).
/usr/local/bin/cdrecord: Permission denied. Cannot send SCSI cmd via ioctl