savecore: first and last dump headers disagree on /dev/ad0b

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <t-yonetani_at_ergobrains.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:03:49 +0900
Hello.
-CURRENT as of yesterday can't save kernel dump:

  savecore: first and last dump headers disagree on /dev/ad0b
  savecore: unsaved dumps found but not saved

Is this a known issue? I need to be able to dump to this device because
I've seen reliably reproducible panics to be reported, and saving kernel
dumps is not supported by ips(4).
/dev/ad0 is an IDE hard disk capable of UDMA33 and dedicated to saving
kernel dumps, and is not used as a swap device, so I think misc/55933
is not relavant. How can I force it to save the kernel dump; I've tried -f
optition, but it didn't work. I've seen no odd messages while it's dumping,
just the numbers counted up from 16 to 512.

The hardware is IBM NetFinity 6000R, and it has ServerWorks ROSB4 UDMA33
controller, to which the IDE disk is attached. The size of the IDE hard
disk is 4Gbytes, and the size of the kernel dump and physical memory both
fits in that size.

Please tell me if I missed any information you need.

Regards.
--
YONETANI Tomokazu / Ergo-Brains Inc.