Screen blanking on suspend?

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:53:30 -0400
It would appear that the screen on my Dell D800 laptop will shut of
it's backlight when DPMS turns off the screen (with the binary driver
from nvidia).  This is useful.

However, the screen does not turn off on suspend (in other messages to
this list I wrestle with the lack of S3 suspend, but not here).

It would be "good" if I could figure out how to run 'xset dpms force
off' on suspend, but this laptop is acpi-only.  rc.suspend doesn't
run.  Should this be a devd thing?  Would apmd work with the apm
deviced that is emulated by the acpi code?

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave_at_daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |