Atmel AT76C503 USB 802.11b device driver

From: Stuart Walsh <stu_at_ipng.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:28:52 +0100
Hi folks,

I've come up with a driver for the above mentioned devices.  This
particular chip is found in a whole load of 802.11b USB devices.  My
particular device is an SMC2662W-AR, but it should work for any device
containing the above chip.  Just fill in the product/vendor ids and let
me know your results and i'll update my local copy accordingly.

The driver is at http://stu.bash.sh/atwi-20031007.tar.gz.
Extract the files from within /usr/src/sys and apply atwi.diff with patch
-p0 < atwi.diff.  Only 5-CURRENT is supported at this time, so you will
need a fairly recent cvsup.

If you are going to report problems, set sysctl hw.atwi.debug=2 first
and include all output.  Both infrastructure and adhoc modes should
work, but infrastructure mode hasnt been tested this last week as I had
to return the AP I had on loan.  You are strongly advised to use this
driver as a module as the usb code has issues with the device if you
unplug and replug it while the module is loaded.  I'm working on
fixing this.  Other than that it should work fine.  Please do report any
successes or failures.  Enjoy!

Regards,

Stuart