Re: cannot create partition entries for /dev/ad3

From: Derek Ragona <derek_at_computinginnovations.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 06:15:43 -0500
If you read the early adopters doc at:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.1R/early-adopter.html

You will se it clearly says:
"MAKEDEV is no longer available, nor is it required. FreeBSD 5.X uses a
device filesystem, which automatically creates device nodes on demand. For
more information, please see
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=devfs&sektion=5&manpath=FreeBSD+5.1-release>devfs(5)."

Any new version of an OS, particularly a free one, as FreeBSD is, will have
issues.  Particularly with the recent rapidity of new hardware, SATA
drives, SATA card, RAID cards, etc.

There are places to "purchase" copies of FreeBSD other than CompUSA where
you can get 4.X or 5.X versions.  Or you can download and burn your own
CD's.  You sound upset that you bought FreeBSD, if you are be upset perhaps
you should be with CompUSA who made the money off the sale.

         -Derek