Re: Sched_Ule

From: Jonathan Fosburgh <syjef_at_mdanderson.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 07:58:41 -0500
On Wednesday 08 October 2003 11:28 pm, Scott Sipe wrote:

> Anything that seems disk intensive: bzip2 (unbzip2ing one big file makes
> this happen), making world, building ports, etc makes my X environment
> practically unusable.  Mouse stutters, reaction times is very slow, feels
> 10x more sluggish than normal.  (I'm running KDE if anyone is curious).

<me too>I'm seeing the same thing running from -CURRENT that was built on
Monday.  I  am using KDE+XFree86-4.3.0+nvidia (QT was compiled without
OpenGL).  I wouldn't consider X unusable, rather more of an annoyance, but
that could just be me.  I think it still performs a tad bit better than KDE
on Cygwin, which is what I was doing before I was able to put FreeBSD on this
machine. ;) </me too>

--
Jonathan Fosburgh
AIX and Storage Administrator