ULE Update

From: Jeff Roberson <jroberson_at_chesapeake.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:01:28 -0400 (EDT)
I have reproduced the lagging mouse issue on my laptop.  I tried moused to
no effect.  Eventually, I grudgingly installed kde and immediately started
encountering problems with mouse lag.  It would seem that twm was not
stressing my machine in the same ways that kde is. ;-)

I suspect a problem with IPC.  I will know more soon.

There have also been a few reports of problems related to nice.  I was
able to reproduce some awkward behavior but I have nothing conclusive yet.

There is still a known issue with hyperthreading.  I'm waiting on some of
john baldwin's work to fix this.  If you halt logical cpus your machine
will hang.

Expect some resolution on the ULE problems within a week or so.  Thanks
for the detailed bug reports everyone.

Cheers,
Jeff