Re: panic: The GEOM class BDE already loaded

From: mike <mike_at_Reifenberger.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:59:58 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Christian Brueffer wrote:

> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:08:26 +0200
> From: Christian Brueffer <chris_at_unixpages.org>
> To: current_at_freebsd.org
> Subject: panic: The GEOM class BDE already loaded
>
> Hi,
>
> just got the following  panic on my server. The panic occured while trying
> to attach a gbde encrypted disk. geom_bde is compiled into the kernel.

The problem seems to be that the kld name is 'geom_bde' but the module
name is 'g_bde' and gbde's main() we search for the kld which in your case
doesn't exist.

Could you please try the attached patch for src/sbin/gbde?

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Unit Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger_at_plaut.de | Priv: Michael_at_Reifenberger.com
      http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com