Re: What's up with the IP stack?

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:56:53 -0700
On Sunday 12 October 2003 11:03 am, Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> > > Do you have dummynet included in the kernel ?
> > > That has been broken for me since sam's latest commit as a backout
> > > of ip_dummynet.c fixes the problem for me...
> >
> > No, I've not got dummynet in there.  My current kernel config is:
>
> I experienced this a week ago. I found that ifconfig'ing the interface
> down and back up again "fixed" the problem. I've since reverted to a
> kernel compiled on September 25th.

It would be good to know more details; I still don't have much to go on.  Try
to identify, for example, if the problem is specific to a particular
device/interface or feature you're using (e.g dummynet).  If you have ddb in
your system, then when the system gets into a bad state break into the
debugger and look for threads that are blocked on locks.  If you have witness
in your kernel then show locks would also be useful.  If you don't have
witness in your system then rebuild your kernel with it.

The most recent round of changes were to lock the routing table.  These went
in 10/3 and were extensive. They could easily be the problem but w/o more
info I can't really help.

	Sam