Re: panic with cdrecord -- anybody else seeing this? [backtrace obtained]

From: John Reynolds <johnjen_at_reynoldsnet.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:49:59 -0700
[ On Sunday, October 12, Kris Kennaway wrote: ]

> Thanks..Alan made a commit which he thought might have fixed this, but
> someone else also claimed it did not.
>
> See also
>
>   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/56380
>
> Kris

Is there any more information that I can provide which might help a VM guru out
there figure out what has gone awry? BTW: I've tried the cdrtools-devel port as
well thinking it was cdrecord's fault, but even the latest devel version panics
with the same panic message.

I can provide full "boot -v" dmesg output or anything else that somebody
wants/needs.

For what it's worth, I do NOT have atapicam compiled into or loaded into this
system, though I was planning on it in the future so that cdrecord good grok my
recently acquired DVD burner.

-Jr

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen at reynoldsnet.org        www.reynoldsnet.org
Structural / Physical Design - ICG/PNG SCD     jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
Running FreeBSD since 2.1.5-RELEASE.               FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
"Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses."