Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/sound/pci ich.c

From: Mark Santcroos <marks_at_ripe.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:45:41 +0200
On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 09:47:45AM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> It looks like you are resetting the BARs on resume.  If that's all that's
> needed, I believe Warner was working on code to do this in the general
> case.

Exactly, the thread[*] went on about pci power transitions in general. Warner
also responded to it.

Without complaining too much, this subject needs to be opened up.
Every time someone does something in this area we are told to hold off
because "something" is coming.
(Last month I've been inactive, so if something has popped up, please
discard this message)

Mark

[*] "Subject: Correct PCI suspend and resume operations [ was Re: cirrus ich3
doesn't work after suspend to disk ]"