Re: XFree86-4-clients port broken.

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:10:16 -0400

Peter> Eric Anholt wrote:
>> On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 15:51, Peter Wemm wrote: > David Gilbert
>> wrote: > > I don't really have a clue where to look for this fix as
>> there seems > > to be a serious amount of magic going into the
>> divided XFree86-4 port > > builds, but my XFree86-4-clients port
>> fails saying:

>> /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-clients/work/xc/exp
Peter>     orts
>> > /lib/libfntstubs.a. Stop
>> >
>> > I ran into this on my amd64 box too.  Is yours an i386?
>>
>> This is a problem on ref5, too.  I am testing a fix right now.  The
>> confusing part is I can't find any change I (or anyone else) has
>> made that would have caused this.

Peter> Does the port have any exposure to make(1) at all?  Its been
Peter> futzed with fairly recently.  I know it's supposed to use
Peter> gmake, but perhaps there are still some "make" references?

If you look at the port, it uses make fairly extensively now.  The
Makefile (from my limited understanding) seems to charge into building
the port without calling gmake by adding sub directories much like the
/usr/src makefile seems to do.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave_at_daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |